Have an old fridge or freezer wasting space and energy? We want to make it easy for you to properly dispose of your old appliance. Let us haul it away for free then pay you for recycling responsibly. BONUS! Do you have an old room air conditioner or dehumidifier? We'll pick it up at the same time as your fridge or freezer and give you an additional $10 rebate per unit. All units must be in working order at the time of the appointment to qualify for a rebate.
Limited Time Offer $50 Rebate - Extended
We've increased our refrigerator and freezer recycling rebates to $50 (up from $35) through May 2022. Schedule your free pickup by May 31, 2022.
In-home Pick-up and Curbside Pick-up
When scheduling an appliance recycling appointment, we offer two options:
- In-home pickup: the crew picking up your appliance will follow CDC guidance and wear masks and gloves to remove your appliance.
- Curbside pickup: If it is safe for you to do so and you prefer a curbside pickup, you can move your appliance outside, and we will pick it up.
Please have your PPL Electric Utilities account number handy when scheduling a pick-up.
- You must have an active electric account with PPL Electric Utilities at the address where you would like us to pick up the refrigerator/freezer.
- All units being recycled must be in working condition to align with the program goal of removing inefficient electric load from the grid. If the unit is no longer running, we are unable to accept the unit and provide you a rebate.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be clean, empty, and defrosted.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size.
- Side-by-side refrigerators are considered one appliance and eligible for one rebate.
Appliance pickup details:
- For in-home pickup, a signed release note must be completed and handed to the removal team before they remove the appliance from your home.
- For curbside pickup, a release form or note must be attached to each unit that is recycled.
- You must provide clear and safe access to your appliances for the removal team. They will not risk injury or be able to move personal effects or modify your home (e.g. remove door or railings) in order to remove the unit(s).
Small Appliance Recycling Events
PPL Electric Utilities will continue to host small appliance recycling events throughout our territory beginning Spring 2022. During our events, PPL customers can drop off room ACs and dehumidifiers for free. Then we will recycle each responsibly and mail you a $10 rebate per unit! Event dates and locations will be announced approximately two weeks before the event date and customers will need to pre-register. PPL customers can put their name on our waitlist, and we will contact you via email when an event is scheduled.
PPL is proud to be a RAD Partner and to receive the RAD Champion Award for responsible recycling to reduce emissions and ozone-depleting substances.