We want to make it easy for you to properly dispose of your old appliance—and we'll pay you to do it! Schedule online for a FREE pickup of your refrigerator or freezer. Then we’ll mail you a check for $35.
Starting June 1, 2021, we offer two options to schedule an appliance recycling appointment. At the time of scheduling your appointment, you can either select an in-home pickup or a curbside pickup. If you select an in-home pickup, the crew picking up your appliance will follow CDC guidance and wear masks and gloves to remove your appliance. If it is safe for you to do so and you prefer a curbside pickup, you can move your appliance outside, and we will pick it up.
- BONUS! Do you have an old room air conditioner or dehumidifier? We'll pick it up at the same time as your fridge or freezer and give you another $10 rebate.
- To qualify for PPL Electric Utilities Appliance Recycling Program, your refrigerator or freezer must be in working condition to align with the program goal of removing inefficient electric load from the grid.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be clean, empty, and defrosted.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size.
- You must have an active electric account with PPL Electric Utilities at the address where you would like us to pick up the refrigerator/freezer.
Appliance pickup details:
- For in-home pickup, a signed release note must be completed and handed to the removal team before they remove the appliance from your home.
- For curbside pickup, a release form or note must be attached to each unit that is recycled.
- You must provide clear and safe access to your appliances for the removal team. They will not risk injury or be able to move personal effects or modify your home (e.g. remove door or railings) in order to remove the unit (s).
- Side-by-side refrigerators are considered one appliance and eligible for one rebate.
PPL is proud to be a RAD Partner and to receive the RAD Champion Award for responsible recycling to reduce emissions and ozone-depleting substances.