Have an old fridge or freezer wasting space and energy? We want to make it easy for you to properly dispose of your old appliance. Let us haul it away for free then pay you for recycling responsibly. BONUS! Do you have an old room air conditioner or dehumidifier? We'll pick it up at the same time as your fridge or freezer and give you an additional $10 rebate per unit. All units must be in working order at the time of the appointment to qualify for a rebate.
Increased $50 Rebate
We've increased our refrigerator and freezer recycling rebates to $50 (up from $35). Schedule your free and easy pickup today.
In-home Pick-up and Curbside Pick-up
When scheduling an appliance recycling appointment, we offer two options:
- In-home pickup: the crew picking up your appliance will follow CDC guidance and wear masks and gloves to remove your appliance.
- Curbside pickup: If it is safe for you to do so and you prefer a curbside pickup, you can move your appliance outside, and we will pick it up.
Please have your PPL Electric Utilities account number handy when scheduling a pick-up.
- You must have an active electric account with PPL Electric Utilities at the address where you would like us to pick up the refrigerator/freezer.
- All units being recycled must be in working condition to align with the program goal of removing inefficient electric load from the grid. If the unit is no longer running, we are unable to accept the unit and provide you a rebate.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be clean, empty, and defrosted.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size.
- Side-by-side refrigerators are considered one appliance and eligible for one rebate.
Appliance pickup details:
- For in-home pickup, a signed release note must be completed and handed to the removal team before they remove the appliance from your home.
- For curbside pickup, a release form or note must be attached to each unit that is recycled.
- You must provide clear and safe access to your appliances for the removal team. They will not risk injury or be able to move personal effects or modify your home (e.g. remove door or railings) in order to remove the unit(s).
Small Appliance Recycling Events
We’ll be hosting a series of free drop-off events that make it easy for customers to responsibility recycle their small appliances. If you have any old room air conditioners or dehumidifiers still in working condition, just drop them off and we’ll mail you a $10 rebate for each one. Dates and locations will be announced approximately two weeks before each event. Add your name to our waitlist to be among the first to know if an event is in your area.
May 21 Montoursville Event
Our next event will take place on May 21, 2022 at the PPL Montoursville Service Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Our staff will be ready to unload your small appliances from your car and help answer any questions you may have. Register now to save your spot and ensure you receive your $10 soon after the event.
To register, please click the button below and then select, "I am planning to drop my unit(s) at a recycling drop-off event."
- You must have an active electric account with PPL Electric Utilities.
- Only room air conditioners or dehumidifiers are accepted at drop-off events.
- Units must be in working condition to align with our program goals of removing inefficient electric load from the grid.
PPL is proud to be a RAD Partner and to receive the RAD Champion Award for responsible recycling to reduce emissions and ozone-depleting substances.