The walls and attic are common areas of the home to find some of the largest opportunities to save energy and money.
- Can improve heating and cooling system efficiency by as much as 20 percent.
- Helps prevents allergens, dust and other particles from entering the home.
- Creates more consistent and comfortable temperatures year round.
- Minimizes the roughly 20–30 percent of moving air being lost due to leaks, holes and poorly connected ducts in a typical home.
Air sealing may save you energy if you have:
- High energy use in the summer and winter.
- Room temperatures that vary frequently.
- Stuffy rooms that never seem to feel comfortable.
- Up to $200 in incentives.
- Must be performed in accordance with BPI standards with pre- and post-blower door testing.
- Must have a 10 percent minimum improvement and $25 minimum rebate amount to qualify.
- Must be installed in an existing permanent living space conditioned by an electric heat source or central AC with non-electric heat.
- Limit one rebate per account between June 1, 2021 and May 31, 2026.
Funds are limited, and PPL Electric Utilities reserves the right at any time to extend, modify or terminate the rebate program.