The walls and attic are common areas of the home to find some of the largest opportunities to save energy and money.
- Can improve heating and cooling system efficiency by as much as 20 percent.
- Helps prevents allergens, dust and other particles from entering the home.
- Creates more consistent and comfortable temperatures year round.
- Minimizes the roughly 20–30 percent of moving air being lost due to leaks, holes and poorly connected ducts in a typical home.
Air sealing may save you energy if you have:
- High energy use in the summer and winter.
- Room temperatures that vary frequently.
- Stuffy rooms that never seem to feel comfortable.
- Up to $200 in incentives.
- Must be performed in accordance with BPI standards with pre- and post-blower door testing.
- Must have a 10 percent minimum improvement and $25 minimum rebate amount to qualify.
- Must be installed in an existing permanent living space conditioned by an electric heat source or central AC with non-electric heat.
Funds are limited, and PPL Electric Utilities reserves the right at any time to extend, modify or terminate the rebate program.