Heat Pump Water Heaters
ENERGY STAR® Certified Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Consumes 70 percent less energy compared to a standard electric model.
- Can save you an average of $470 per year in energy costs.
- Average payback of 3 years.
- Must be ENERGY STAR certified.
- $400 rebate.
- Uniform Energy Factor (UEF) ≥ 2.3.
- Limit of two rebates per account between June 1, 2021 and May 31, 2026.
- Plan ahead if possible.
- Prep your home for energy savings before you need a replacement if you can. This will give you time to research and select the right equipment for your home before it’s an emergency.
- Check for product rebates.
- Download the pdf below for a full list of qualifying products and systems.
- Find a contractor.
- Use PPL’s Contractor Search tool to find a local professional to help you choose and install the best system for your home.
- Apply for your rebate.
- Lower the cost of your upgrade by applying for a rebate when your installation is complete. Apply online or ask your contractor to help you receive your rebate.
Read the Full Guide on ENERGY STAR
Funds are limited, and PPL Electric Utilities reserves the right at any time to extend, modify or terminate the rebate program.