Heat Pump Water Heaters
ENERGY STAR® Certified Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Use less than half the energy of standard electric storage tanks
- Can save the average household $330 a year
- Average payback of 2.4 years
- $400 Rebate
- Uniform Energy Factor (UEF) ≥ 2.3
- Heat pump water heater must be ENERGY STAR certified.
- Plan ahead if possible.
- Prep your home for energy savings before you need a replacement if you can. This will give you time to research and select the right equipment for your home before it’s an emergency.
- Check for product rebates.
- Download the pdf above for a full list of qualifying products and systems.
- Find a contractor.
- Use PPL’s Contractor Search tool to find a local professional to help you choose and install the best system for your home.
- Apply for your rebate.
- Lower the cost of your upgrade by applying for a rebate when your installation is complete. Apply online or ask your contractor to help you receive your savings.
Funds are limited, and PPL Electric Utilities reserves the right at any time to extend, modify or terminate the rebate program.