ENERGY STAR Certified Variable-Speed Pool Pumps
- Can save you more than $2,900 over your lifetime compared to standard models.
- Certified in-ground models use up to 65 percent less energy than standard pool pumps.
- Runs quieter and extend the life of your pool's filtering system.
- Find a pool pump that does it all.
Variable-speed pool pumps help lower your energy use while offering other desired features such as quieter operations, less required maintenance and longer lifespans.
- Learn why it works.
Through slower water filtration rates, variable-speed pumps allow for better and more effective filtration of the pool water.
- Slower is better.
The slower circulation rates also put less strain on the filters, plumbing and other parts of the system, reducing the chance of leaks, repairs or premature plumbing component replacement.
- Must be an ENERGY STAR certified variable-speed pool pump.
- $350 rebate.
- Must replace existing single-speed pool pump.
- Must be for an in-ground pool.
- New pools are not eligible.
- Limit of two rebates per account between June 1, 2021 and May 31, 2026.
Five signs your current pool pump may be wasting energy:
- It seems less powerful than in the past.
- It makes more noise than usual.
- It occasionally gets hot and shuts off.
- It won’t start or starts slowly.
- It’s 7–10 years old.
Funds are limited, and PPL Electric Utilities reserves the right at any time to extend, modify or terminate the rebate program.
Ask the Expert